Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
The Information We Collect
Information means any information that you provide to us, including information you provide when filling out forms, applications, or surveys. This may include name, gender, date of birth, postal or email addresses, telephone or fax numbers, social security or account numbers. This Privacy Notice also applies to all information collected on, or submitted to, the Site. Information also includes any information we collect as a result of utilizing Web Server Log information, Cookies, IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or other technologies as more particularly described herein ("Information"). Information also includes information regarding transactions that you have made as well as demographic information.
How we use Information
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To provide you products or services;
- To send you important information, including without limitation, changes in our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To send you marketing and promotional communications (electronic or otherwise) that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience by presenting products or services tailored to you;
- To verify your identity and/or location and travels (or the identity, location or travels of your representative or agent) and to make available to you products and services;
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules which may include additional information about how Information is used for the particular activity;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Site; improving the products and services we provide to you; and identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- For risk control, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- To send to our partners, vendors and agents in connection with fulfilling your request for products or services.
We will never sell your Information.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other information ("Other Information") is any information we collect online which does not reveal your specific identity. This includes information collected through browsers, Web Server Logs, Cookies, Web Pixels, Web beacons, Clear Gifs and other similar technology. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, Other Information shall be deemed to be a sub-set of Information.
How We Collect and Use Other Information• Web Server Log Information. We collect "Web Server Log" information when you visit the Site. This includes Internet Domains and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (e.g., aol.com, company.com, etc.) that you have visited, browser and version, device type, screen resolution, operating system, connection speed, web pages visited or requested, and dates and times of such visits or requests. This information is collected automatically by our server, meaning we collect this information whenever anyone visits our Site, regardless of whether the user submits any additional contact information. We use this Information to ensure that our Site is functioning properly and for security purposes.
• IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or Other Technologies. We may use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our Site and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Site. We may work with third party vendors and agents ("Service Providers") that help us track, collect, and analyze information about online behavior. In addition, Pixel tags on our Site may be used to collect Information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Site. This information may include your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the websites you visited before coming to our Site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device that you are using by your internet service provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our Web Server Logs. We use IP addresses, Pixel tags, and cookies in our emails that may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. Some of our Service Providers may use their own cookies and/or pixel tags, web beacons or clear gifs in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
• Certain Web Browsers allow you to manage and/or limit a party’s ability to collect, track, and analyze information about your online behavior. Please check with the provider of your browser to understand more about this capability.
• We may combine the Other Information we collect through Web Server logs, Cookies, IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or other technologies with other Information we have collected from you. Aggregated or de-aggregated data is data that we may create or compile from all various sources. This information is used by us for its business purposes, which may include offering products or services tailored specifically to you.
AdvertisingWe advertise on the Site as well as other websites not affiliated with us. These advertisements may take the form of banner ads or splash ads, ad networks, and re-targeting campaigns. We also use social media to advertise. Information collected through these advertisements by us and our advertising third party Service Providers ("Advertising Service Providers") using cookies and other technologies includes, without limitation, the number of people requesting to look at each page, search engine referrals, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Site, affiliated and unaffiliated websites.
Service ProvidersYou should be aware that we use service providers ("Service Providers"), including Advertising Service Providers, to provide services to the Site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit to us may be provided to those Service Providers on a confidential basis so that those Service Providers can provide services to us in the course of our business including without limitation, maintaining our database, sending e-mail messages on our behalf, and facilitating promotional and campaign activities on our behalf.
Our Commitment to Data SecurityWe recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We employ standard security measures designed to protect your Information from unauthorized access in compliance with federal law. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect any Information you transmit on or through the Site, please be advised that AAASNE, its affiliates, agents or Service Providers assume no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your Information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access, or other causes beyond our control or the control of our affiliates, agents or Service Providers.
Our Commitment to Children’s PrivacyProtecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason we do not collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under 13 years old, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13 years old. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
Other TransfersWe may share Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with AAA Southern New England.
Compliance with Laws and Law EnforcementWe cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. AAA Southern New England reserves the right to disclose Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of AAA Southern New England or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Spyware or AdwareSpyware or Adware refer to applications that are downloaded to your computer. These types of applications deliver ads (usually in the form of pop-up type ads) based on your web usage. We do not participate in any way with spyware or adware applications, and we do not download these types (or any types) of applications without your expressed acceptance. Cookies, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons and Clear Gifs are not spyware or adware, and they are not harmful to your computer.
Social Media and Public ForumsPlease be advised that AAA Southern New England may participate on social media platforms, including Facebook® and Twitter®, and may also maintain community pages within its Site. These social media platforms and community pages enable online sharing and collaboration among users. Whenever you post information to any social media platform or any AAA Southern New England community page or any other online public forums, such information can and may be accessed by the public. This means that any person or entity with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications. We strongly encourage you to not post non-public personal information about you to social media platforms or any other online public forums. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as social media platforms, blogs, forums, wikis, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile-device applications. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, and be careful how you disclose your Information. Content posted in public areas of AAA Southern New England, including advice and opinions, represent the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. AAA Southern New England does not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted.
Mergers and AcquisitionsIf we should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if we should decide to buy, sell, or reorganize some part or all of its business, we may be required to disclose your Information, including to prospective or actual acquirers in connection with one of these transactions.
Processing in the United StatesWe process and store all information in the United States. By using our Site, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Information will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Phishing"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your non public personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, bank or credit card account information through email. We may ask you to provide your name, address, date of birth and membership information using email.
For MA Insurance Customers only.
You may direct us not to disclose your name and address for marketing purposes to non–affiliates. You may ask in writing for the specific reasons for an adverse underwriting decision. An adverse underwriting decision is where we decline your application for insurance, offer to insure you at a higher than standard rate or terminate your coverage.