AAA Travel Money
AAA helps protect your next trip with our travel money products. Whether you're traveling around the corner or around the world, you're ready with AAA travel money.
Foreign Currency Banknotes
provided by Wells Fargo Foreign Exchange
- Members can choose from over 70 varieties of foreign currency. Commonly seen currencies are available in as few as two business days and other more exotic currencies are available in as little as five business days.
- Members can avoid line hassles, high fees and unfavorable exchange rates typically offered in airports, hotels and foreign banks by purchasing foreign currency before leaving the United States.
- Cash on hand comes in handy for taxis, tips, incidentals and other situations in which plastic may not be accepted.
Available at AAA branch office locations, please call branch to determine rate and availability, however not available for purchase by phone. Payment in full is required prior to order, cash, cashiers checks, Visa/MC as a cash advance (service fee, bank fee and interest apply from date of purchase, regardless if bill is paid in full. Applies to credit and debit cards) and for AAA Northeast members-personal check with restrictions (local bank, member for 1+years, $3,000 max., no more than one check accepted per 14 business days.) Policy subject to change without notice, AAA Management has final approval on check acceptance.
American Express Travelers Cheques
Use at anywhere American Express is accepted. Available at branch office locations only. Pay by cash or check and pay no fees.
American Express Gift Cards
The perfect gift for birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, weddings or holidays. Available at branch office locations only.
TipPaks® of Foreign Currency Euros
- Have a small amount of Euro currency in hand before you land.
- Convenient for tips, snacks, cab, and bus fares when you first arrive at your destination
- Available at AAA branch office locations. Please call in advance to determine availability and denominations (not available for purchase online or by phone).
Visa Travel Money Card, provided by MetaBank
- Two cards available; Chip card for International Travel/Domestic, and Non-Chip card for Domestic US use only.
- Chip* - Use the Chip Visa Travel Money Card internationally – it’s a preferred method of payment around the globe and provides added security against fraud with stronger protection against identity theft. The chip provides a unique digital seal which proves authenticity and prevents fraudulent payments.
- Non-Chip - A traditional swipe card used wherever Visa Debit magnetic cards are accepted. Backup and companion cards are available for an additional cost. Non-chip cards are not for international travel.
*The features associated with the Chip card may vary from the non-chip card. The following features will be added to the chip card later in 2016; Backup and Companion cards, text alerts, and mobile money uploads.
- Flexibility - The Visa TravelMoney® card is a PIN-based card that is accepted at Visa® debit locations and at Visa® ATMs worldwide.
- Total Convenience - Simply pre-load and activate your card. You can then use it to make purchases at retailers, online or to withdraw cash at a Visa® ATM. AAA only accepts cash or cashiers check from a local bank for card loads & reloads.
- Easy to Budget - Load as little as $100 USD and as much as $5000 within a 24-hour period. Maximum balance of $9,999 allowed on the card at any one time. If you run out of funds while traveling, reload your card at any participating AAA office, online, by direct deposit or by check through Ingo Mobile Money**. **Additional fees may apply.
- Member Card Activation fee,- $4.95 per card, $6.95 non-member. Non-Chip Companion Card or Back Up card, $1.50 each.
- Non-Chip Direct Deposit Reloads - Reloading your Non-Chip Visa TravelMoney® Card using direct deposit is simple – select a set dollar amount or percentage from your pay or government check and it will automatically be loaded onto your card.
- Non-Chip Backup Card and two Companion Cards or three Companion Cards can be purchased at the time of initial purchase. A backup card ensures you will have access to your funds should your card be lost or stolen. Companion Cards are associated with the primary card and can be designated to others to spend funds from the same card account.
- Peace of Mind - If you lose your card or if it is stolen, your card is PIN protected - no one can access your funds without your PIN.
Visa Travel Money Card FAQ’s: http://www.aaa.com/AAA/FinancialSvcs/Prepaid/AAATrv_FAQs.pdf