American Queen Mississippi River Voyage
Sail this June
Experience authentic Southern culture as you head down the Mississippi River and back in time on this journey to the Old South. Aboard the stately American Queen riverboat, you’ll visit New Orleans, the boisterous birthplace of jazz, sprawling former plantations, and riverside towns steeped in Southern Hospitality, Book now for Stateroom Discounts, $100 Onboard Credit and much more!
Experience the historic authenticity of the Mississippi River aboard the American Queen! Cruise along the lower Mississippi River and you will encounter centuries-old shaded oak trees, elegant Antebellum plantations, cotton fields, and Civil War memorials - it's like taking a step back in time. On our upper Mississippi river cruises, you will experience the inspiration behind Mark Twain's most famous characters while visiting storybook American towns and energetic cities. Although filled with today’s modern amenities, the American Queen offers rooms and accommodations displaying all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately riverboats that preceded her and so inspired her designers. While on board, you can select a volume from the vast collection in the Mark Twain Gallery, the boat’s library. Or enjoy a sing-along in the Main Deck Lounge, and...
- 1-Night Pre-Cruise Deluxe Hotel Stay in New Orleans
- 7-Night accommodations aboard the American Queen
- Award Winning Hop-On Hop-Off Shore Excursions
- All Meals included during your cruise
- Complimentary wine and beer with dinner
- Complimentary cappuccino, espresso, specialty coffees, tea, bottled water & soft drinks
- Professional showboat-style entertainment and dancing nightly
- Nightly Entertainment
- Taxes and port charge
- AAA Exclusive Member Benefits*
- Service of a AAA Host - based on participation
- $100 Onboard Credit - per stateroom
- Private AAA Cocktail Party
- Daily Lectures by the Riverlorian, the Onboard Historian
- Dedicated Fleet of Deluxe Motorcoaches
- 24 Hour Room Service
- Welcome to the Big Easy, a vibrant and energetic city sure to keep you entertained and satisfied while you prepare for your voyage up the Mississippi! Today, indulge yourself with the treasures of New Orleans, as you uncover iconic cuisines spiced with the cultural flavors of the city’s past, explore the unique sites and attractions lining the historic streets as seen in the famous French Quarter, or admire the beauty of nature in the stunning Garden District or City Park.
- Departure 5:00 PM
- Today is the big day! Spend your last day here in the city of New Orleans before embarking on the luxurious American Queen to begin an unforgettable journey! The official American Queen Voyage Check-in will be open between 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM located in the Pre-Cruise Hotel. During this fast and easy procedure, our representatives will arrange your transfer to the vessel and answer any questions you might have. The process is simple and will have you back to exploring in no time and, if you think of any more questions, the Hospitality Desk will be at your service until 3:00 PM, when the complimentary boat transfers will begin! After you are comfortably aboard the American Queen, wave “Au Revoir” to New Orleans as we set off on an incredible adventure up the Mighty Mississippi!
- Located in the Saint James Parish, Oak Alley is a much-photographed plantation that combines architectural splendor and the natural wonder of its 300-year-old oak trees. Spend time strolling beneath the canopy of these trees, and learn about the rich history and culture of this southern estate.
- Established in 1809, St. Francisville is the oldest town in the Florida Parishes. Below where St. Francisville is located currently, was a settlement called Bayou Sara in the 1790’s. When this settlement was destroyed by flooding and fires, many of the structures and artifacts were hauled up the bluff into St. Francisville, where they are still standing. The town is referred to as “two miles long and two yards wide,” but that definitely doesn’t mean they have nothing to offer! Stop in at one of the unique shops, historical homes, beautiful churches, or breathtaking parks and you will agree with that! Spanish moss trees grow throughout the town, which creates a beautiful southern comfort to the atmosphere.
- This charming river town was first inhabited by Natchez Indians and French explorers who shared the land. It was founded in 1716, making it the oldest city on the Mississippi. The city is known for its elegance, hospitality, and impressive preservation of history – found on every street corner throughout Natchez. Guests enjoy the unique shops, restaurants, museums, and historical homes located in Natchez, all of which contribute to Hugh Bayless’ book, “The 100 Best Towns in America.”
- Vicksburg perfectly blends Southern culture and heritage with exciting modern-day attractions. Described as the “Key to the South” by Abraham Lincoln, this southern town carries a history unlike any other Civil War city. Vicksburg was founded in 1811 and grew as a vital river port city. It was a major component to the Civil War and carries much of the history within the town. Today, Vicksburg is a popular spot for tourists to learn about the battles of the city, taste the cuisine, visit the many museums, and pick out the perfect souvenir.
- While cruising aboard the American Queen, don’t forget to set aside some time for a little pampering. Experience Pevonia spa treatments for optimum de-aging and unparalleled rejuvenation. Pevonia green skincare products and in-spa treatments unite the finest natural botanical and marine ingredients with advanced technology and delivery systems to ensure the products reach the deepest layers of the skin for maximum absorbency and truly phenomenal results. The American Queen Spa by Pevonia will have you feeling like royalty! From body wraps and deep-tissue massages to spa-quality skincare, you will feel totally revitalized from head to toe.
- In the Valley of Crowley’s Ridge, sits the small town of Helena, Arkansas. Helena dates back to 1833, and was once a bustling, thriving southern city. Today, Helena would seem to some as a town that time forgot. While the rest of the country was building shopping centers and interstate systems, Helena struggled to stay afloat amidst all of the progress. Big changes drew small businesses away from Main Street U.S.A. and into strip malls. Convenience took over, where simplicity once stood. Today, Helena is in the throes of a revival. With quirky boutiques, unique stores and a historic musical past, Helena remains proud of the life they continue to successfully sprout from the ruins of the past. For in through the dust and rubble, new life for this determined Southern town is emerging. Helena welcomes American Queen guests to play a large part in their re-birth.
- Arrival 8:00 AM
- Disembark in Memphis and begin your journey home
Experience the historic authenticity of the Mississippi River aboard the American Queen! Cruise along the lower Mississippi River and you will encounter centuries-old shaded oak trees, elegant Antebellum plantations, cotton fields, and Civil War memorials - it's like taking a step back in time. On our upper Mississippi river cruises, you will experience the inspiration behind Mark Twain's most famous characters while visiting storybook American towns and energetic cities. Although filled with today’s modern amenities, the American Queen offers rooms and accommodations displaying all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately riverboats that preceded her and so inspired her designers. While on board, you can select a volume from the vast collection in the Mark Twain Gallery, the boat’s library. Or enjoy a sing-along in the Main Deck Lounge, and then tap your toes to a lavish show in the two-deck-tall Grand Saloon, the most elegant showplace on the river. Combining the best of the old and the new, this beautiful lady of the river epitomizes the grace and grandeur that has made River Cruising a cherished American tradition for more than two centuries.
THIS DEAL IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE JUNE 25 - JULY 3, 2017 SAILING FROM NEW ORLEANS TO MEMPHIS.
Your Vacation Includes:
Day 1: Hotel Stay - New Orleans
Day 2: New Orleans, LA
Day 3: Oak Alley, LA
Day 4: St. Francisville, LA
Day 5: Natchez, MS
Day 6: Vicksburg, MS
Day 7: Scenic River Cruising
Day 8: Helena, AR
Day 9: Memphis, TN
|Deluxe Outside Bay Window (D)||Per Person||6||$3,364||Order Now|
| Option: Deluxe Outside Bay Window (D) |
|Outside Open Veranda (C)||Per Person||6||$3,949||Order Now|
| Option: Outside Open Veranda (C) |
|Deluxe Outside Private Veranda (A)||Per Person||6||$4,068||Order Now|
| Option: Deluxe Outside Private Veranda (A) |
|Superior Outside Open Veranda (AA)||Per Person||6||$4,168||Order Now|
| Option: Superior Outside Open Veranda (AA) |
Rate is per person, based on double occupancy, subject to availability, terms and conditions, valid at the time of publication and may change prior to booking. Best available rate will be offered at time of inquiry. Advertised vacation rate is valid for select travel on 6/25/17 – 7/3/17. AAA reserves the right to change or cancel itineraries, hotels, and other tour components whenever it is deemed necessary. If any changes occur, every effort will be made to offer other comparable tour components. *A minimum of 20 or more passengers booked is required for a cocktail party and for a AAA Host to accompany the group. Full refund will be returned for all bookings if tour is cancelled by AAA due to lack of participation. Certain restrictions apply. Rate shown includes government-imposed fees and taxes which are subject to change without notice. Valid on new bookings only. AAA does not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the offers displayed. Contact a AAA Northeast Travel counselor or more information. Restrictions may apply. TRA.68172.16. Space is based upon availability and must be confirmed within two business days of your ClubDeal Travel purchase (this is why a AAA Travel Counselor will call you within one business day of your ClubDeal purchase). If we go beyond this time and space is sold out for this ClubDeal promotion you will be refunded the full amount of your ClubDeal purchase. AAA travelers are strongly advised and solely responsible for obtaining necessary documents as soon as they begin to make travel arrangements, in order to avoid processing delays. Updated information can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website: www.travel.state.gov.