AAA service facility will attempt minor mechanical adjustments that can be made to the disabled vehicle at the scene in order to place it in safe driving condition.
Membership Benefits: AAA Automotive
You are one of more than 52 million AAA members who enjoy the world’s most comprehensive Roadside Assistance. The most frustrating car troubles occur when most service stations are closed – on holidays, Sundays, early in the morning or late at night.
With AAA, your cellular phone or the nearest telephone is your 24-hour link to the largest Roadside Assistance network in the world. AAA in the United States and CAA in Canada have over 13,000 garages under contract to provide priority Roadside Assistance to AAA Club members.
AAA Roadside Assistance will come to your assistance if you experience any difficulty that renders your car, or a car in which you are riding, inoperative or unsafe to drive. The car can be at your home, on a public highway, driveway, parking area or garage, as long as it is accessible to a AAA service vehicle.
For an annual fee of $30, eligible Plus or Premier members can enjoy the twists and turns of the open road with AAA Motorcycle Service. One easy payment ensures that you can rely on the expert roadside assistance services you’ve come to know and expect from AAA. And like your AAA Plus or Premier membership, AAA Motorcycle coverage follows you, no matter what motorcycle you happen to be riding.
AAA Battery Service will test, boost and, if necessary, replace and install a new battery at a special member rate right on the spot. It’s easy and convenient. Plus, you get a superior fresh battery with a 72-month limited warranty and free 36-month nationwide replacement at a special member only price. Call 1-800-AAA-HELP to schedule a battery test with AAA Battery Service. Get an instant battery quote.
Trust AAA Auto Glass certified installers to repair or replace your auto glass. We accept insurance claims and offer convenient mobile service – we come to you at home, at the office, or anywhere you need us...or you can visit our convenient locations. For a job done right, you can trust AAA Auto Glass. Service not available in all areas of Massachusetts and Rhode Island; not available in CT counties of Fairfield, Litchfield and New Haven. Get a no-obligation auto glass quote.
AAA covers you for flat tire changing. The AAA service vehicle will go to the vehicle and replace your flat tire with your spare, free of charge to you. Tire service/replacement is a temporary fix and not a permanent repair. AAA recommends the member bring the vehicle to a repair facility for a permanent repair. An approved repair facility can be recommended.
When your vehicle runs out of gas, AAA will deliver a sufficient amount of fuel to reach the nearest service station. Members pay only for fuel at current pump prices. The delivery is free of charge.
The AAA service provider will attempt to gain entrance to the vehicle by the use of special door opening tools. AAA will tow the eligible vehicle to a locksmith or other destination, subject to towing standards, when the service provider is not able to gain entry. If the vehicle key is lost, broken or the service provider cannot gain entry, AAA will provide locksmith service up to $50. If necessary, AAA will provide both a tow and reimbursement of up to $50 for locksmith service on a single service call.
If your vehicle cannot be started after attempting any of the services described above, or because of an accident or when in the service facility's judgment the vehicle cannot be placed in a safe driving condition, it will be towed at no charge to the responding AAA service facility*, or to any location within 3 miles.
If the member desires to have the vehicle towed to a destination other than as stated above, it is not considered emergency towing, but a “tow of convenience.” Basic level members will not be charged for the first three miles, and will be charged $4.00 per mile plus tax after the first three miles.
Plus level members will not be charged for the first 100 miles, and Premier level members receive one tow of up to 200 miles per membership per year at no charge. Additional miles over these mileage allowances will be charged at $4.00 per mile plus tax.
Rates may differ from Club to Club, and members may be asked to pay whatever rate is in effect in that territory. Any subsequent towing for the same breakdown will be at the member’s expense. Tow rates in certain states may be subject to tax.
If a car is stuck in a ditch, mud or snow, it will be freed if it can be safely reached from a normally traveled road or established thoroughfare. A charge may be made if more than one service person or one service vehicle is needed. Once the vehicle is back on the road, normal AAA towing privileges apply.
Excessive delays may occasionally occur when thousands of members call for service at the same time. This situation is usually caused by adverse weather, unusual traffic or other conditions over which the Club has no control. During these peak periods of demands for our services, we will give priority to those members who are most directly affected by severe weather and to those who may be in a bona fide emergency situation. Tows to a member's choice of destination may have to be delayed until the peak demand on our staff and equipment has subsided.
- Although the average member uses only one road service call per year, we understand that there may be years when you require more than the average amount of service. In any single membership year, you may use up to four road service calls, however above-average use of road service over successive membership years may result in surcharges, service limitations, downgrades of membership level or cancellation of your membership.
- In the event that you ever require more than four road service calls in any single membership year, you may be required to pay $35 for light service and/or tows back to the closest responding facility; tows to other destinations will be at prevailing rates for towing service.
- Roadside Assistance is available to the member whose name appears on the membership card while driving or as a passenger in his/her own car, rental car, a friend's car or similar situation. The service is not available to non-members driving a member's car, even if that person resides in the same household.
- Roadside Assistance will not be provided when it appears that the Club member is unable to operate their vehicle safely.
- When a member's vehicle is not operable upon providing any of the basic services, the Club will assist the member in finding the nearest open place of repair. If a repair facility cannot be located, the Club will assist the member in obtaining lodging or alternative transportation at the member's expense.
- The Club cannot guarantee 24-hour mechanical repair or parts availability and replacement. The cost of parts, labor and repairs are at the member's expense.
- While AAA contract garages are carefully selected to provide quality Roadside Assistance, such service facilities are independent contractors and act as agents of the member and not AAA. The Club cannot assume responsibility for avoidable or unavoidable delays in providing Roadside Assistance and is not responsible for loss, damages or personal injuries sustained in rendering this service.
- Some turnpikes allow only their own contractors to provide Roadside Assistance. You may be required to pay cash. In such cases, AAA will reimburse you for roadside services such as jump starts, tire changes and reimbursement for towing charges to the nearest exit, to the responding station or three miles from the point of breakdown.
- When AAA service is available, but not used, you will be reimbursed the amount the AAA contract facility would have charged AAA. Reimbursement is not provided for taxi fares, telephone calls, rental cars or other related expenses.
- When AAA service is not available, call a local garage, pay for service, and send the original bill and explanation of the circumstances to AAA within 30 days. The bill should be itemized. If your request is approved, you will be reimbursed for the covered services at the prevailing rate for the region.
The AAA Approved Auto Repair (AAR) program solves the problem of where to get reliable, quality auto service. Only AAA identifies repair shops that have proven they can provide consistent, high quality workmanship and will guarantee their work to members. AAR facilities also have agreed, by contract, to abide by the decision of AAA's experts in resolving any dispute between a member and the facility. Some even offer AAA Discount.
AAA Trip Continuation Reimbursement
Members receive financial reimbursement up to $500 if their car is disabled for more than 24 hours as a result of a breakdown when traveling more than 50 miles away from home. The program is valid anywhere in the U.S. and Canada and covers reasonable expenses** for:
- Meals and lodging near the repair facility while the member’s car is being repaired;
- Car rental from any licensed car rental agency and/or transportation to their destination on a scheduled commercial transportation system.
*Not all independent service providers perform repairs at their facilities.
**Covers expenses incurred within a maximum of three (3) days from time of the accident.